Advantages of BioBricks®, A New Look at Firewood™
BioPellet, LLC's BioBricks offer a number of distinct advantages. They have a uniform rectangular shape, which allows them to be tightly packed into a stove, optimizing fuel levels. These tightly packed bricks burn longer and more uniform. View all of the benefits of BioPellet, LLC's BioBricks below!
One pallet of BioBricks® delivers the same heat as a full cord of wood.
- BioBricks from BioPellet, LLC are ideally sized for wood stoves.
- Packing density is optimized.
- This high density fuel extends your burn times greatly.
- 100% wood, no artificial binders
- Cost effective, 1 lb of BioBricks equals 1.7 lbs of cordwood
- Environmentally friendly using our renewable resources
- Clean burning – minimal smoke, creosote and ash
- Lights with newspaper, no mess, no chopping, no bugs
- Easy to handle 38 – 42 lb packs with 50 packs per pallet
- BioBricks from BioPellet, LLC lessens our dependence on foreign oil
- Safely and easily stores inside or out (UV pallet cover)
- Pallet size approximately 4x4x3 and is easily stackable
- Average burn time of 12 hours per stove fill
- Uniformity in size, density and moisture ensures predictable burning each time
BioBricks produce 1/2 the particulates (smoke) compared with good cordwood:
- "58% reduction in particulate emissions!" Read more >>
- "Replacing normal firewood with [densified wood] firelogs can be an effective means of reducing pollutant emissions from existing fireplaces...Pressed wood firelogs offer the potential to lower woodstove and fireplace emissions."
Houston, James T., 1999, Louisiana State University Master's Thesis, The Development of a Firelog With Improved Air Emissions"
- Results show an average reduction of 52% in [Particulate Matter] grams per hour emissions overall...[Carbon Monoxide] emissions were more modestly reduced by 27%, and [Volatile Organic Compounds] were reduced 39%." "...even the worst performing firelog had only 29% of the worst wood fuel emissions and 74% of the cleanest wood fuel."
Barnett, Bighouse, 1992, OMNI Environmental Services, Inc., In-Home Demonstration of the Reduction of Woodstove Emissions from the Use of Densified Logs
- "The overall average PM [particulate emissions] for all 9 stoves using cordwood were 24 g/hr. Using [densified logs] the emissions averaged 12 g/hr for an average reduction of 52%"
Hayden, Braaten, 1991, ERL/CANMET, Ottawa Ontario, Reduction of Fireplace and Woodstove Emissions Through the Use of Manufactured Firelogs
Data: Comparing BioBricks® to Seasoned Cordwood
Caution - These tests run on well maintained stove with good air control and closely spaced
©2011 BioPellet LLC. All rights reserved.
BioBrick manufacturers, the company behind the Original BioBricks.