Stovefill - How to Burn Your BioBricks®
- BioBricks from BioPellet, LLC are a very dry all wood product.
- Use only in well maintained stove or fireplace.
- Control air flow to prevent overheating and extend burn times.
- BioBricks grow slightly when burned.
- Do not stack near glass or top lid of stove.
- Do not overfill.
Build a Teepee with 4 briquettes around newsprint or fire sticks and establish a strong burn. This is the first step in firing any type of wood stove or fireplace fire.
Burning BioBricks® in stove with rear combustion chamber:
- Start with a TeePee.
- Establish strong burn.
- Push coals into mouth of rear combustion chamber covering it by as much as 2/3rds.
- Build a wall of bricks in front and over coals, packing bricks tight together and laying them flat as much as possible.
- Stay behind fire irons with fuel.
- Stoke fire by leaving door cracked.
- Once fire is going well close damper to direct air flow through mouth of rear combustion chamber.
Burning BioBricks in Catalytic stove or stove with combustion air tubes in firebox:
- Start Teepee in back corner of firebox and establish strong burn.
- Build wall in front of and over coal bed, laying BioBricks flat and tight together.
- Stoke fire by leaving door cracked. Once fire is going well adjust damper. You should see good flame in the firebox and very little smoke in chimney.
- Always maintain some flame in the firebox.
- You need to burn the smoke (with flame) in order to extract heat from the wood.
- You should see little or no smoke in the chimney.
©2011 BioPellet LLC. All rights reserved.
BioBrick manufacturers, the company behind the Original BioBricks.